Warm Quinoa Salad with Avocado, Pancetta, and Smoked Salmon
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp of Honey
Sea salt flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
1 Cup cooked red and white Quinoa
1 Cup Broccoli, cut into small florets and roasted
4 Eggs, soft-boiled
4 strips of crispy cooked Pancetta
1 Cup spring greens mix or baby kale
8oz of Echo Falls Smoked Salmon
1 small Avocado, peeled and diced
1/2 Cup Edamame beans or fresh Peas, warmed
4 Green Onions, finely chopped
A handful of Parsley leaves
A handful of Mint
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Trim and roast broccoli with some olive oil and salt (450-500F for ten minutes.)
- Fry four slices of panchetta in a pan until crispy, about 4-6 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a gentle simmer, carefully lower in eggs, and cook for 6 minutes. Immediately remove from water and allow to cool. Peel and set aside.
- Slice smoked salmon, avocado, and spring onions. Thaw and warm edamame or peas if necessary. If using, remove mint and parsley leaves from stem. Set all aside.
- Whisk Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine cooked quinoa, roasted broccoli, and spring greens. Toss with the Dijon vinaigrette mixture.
- Assemble salad bowls for serving with a bed of quinoa mixture, topped with warmed smoked salmon, edamame or peas, avocado, spring onions, herbs, soft-boiled egg, and crispy Pancetta. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Photography and Recipe Credit www.AlaskaSeafood.org