Back to All Recipes
Echo Falls Smoked Salmon Candy with Deviled Eggs
15 minutes2-4 servings
- 4oz Echo Falls Smoked Sockeye Salmon Candy
- 8 Eggs
- 1/8 cup Sour Cream
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ tsp Spicy Mustard
- ½ Lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- Remove Echo Falls Salmon Candy from packaging. Gently remove skin and discard. Set aside.
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Gently add 8 eggs, one at a time, into the water with a slotted spoon. Lower heat to simmer and let eggs cook for 1 minute. Add lid and turn off heat. Let sit covered for 10 minutes.
- Drain carefully, then add cold water to eggs until they are cool enough to touch. Peel away the shells from the eggs; keeping the eggs submerged in cold pot water will make peeling easier. Place peeled eggs on cutting board.
- Slice eggs lengthwise and scoop out yolks into a bowl. Smash the yolks with a fork. Add sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon juice to yolks and stir until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put a spoonful of egg mixture back into egg whites and plate.
- Slice smoked salmon candy strips at a bias so that the pieces are about an inch long. Place slices atop egg yolk filling, and finish by seasoning with chopped chives and a dash of black pepper.