Back to All Recipes
Seared Alaskan Halibut with Greek Salad
15-20 minutes2-4 servings
Mediterranean Style Halibut:
- 2 Filets of Wild Caught Alaska Halibut (Approx 0.75 lbs)
- Olive Oil
- Oregano, Sea Salt, and Lemon Pepper to Taste
- Lemon Wedge
Village Greek Salad:
- 2 Vine Tomatoes, Chopped / Wedged
- 1 Medium Cucumber, Chopped / Wedged
- 1 Bell Pepper (I used half red / half orange)
- ½ Red Onion, Chopped, 1/4 pieces
- ½ cup Feta Cheese, Cubed
- 1/4 cup Greek Salad Dressing Of your Choice
- Set oven to broil.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray. Lay fresh Alaska halibut filets on top. Leave space between the two pieces of fish. Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt, lemon pepper, and oregano to your taste. Set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables for the village Greek salad. Chop cucumbers, vine-ripened tomatoes, red onion, and bell peppers. Add to a large mixing bowl. Cut feta cheese brick into cubes and add to the bowl. Crumbled feta works too. Set aside.
- When the oven is ready, add a baking dish with Alaska halibut onto the top rack. Broil for 8-10 minutes, until fish is at desired flakiness.
- While Alaska halibut is broiling, toss the salad and add to a serving bowl or individual bowls. When Alaska halibut is ready, serve with the salad and fresh lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Recipe Credit: Sari Diskin of Eat Well With Sari
Recipe & Photo Credit: The Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute, www.AlaskaSeafood.org