Back to All Recipes
Smoked Salmon Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce and Spinach
- 6oz (170g) Echo Falls Hot Smoked Atlantic Salmon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 5 oz spinach fresh
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- salt & black pepper
- 8 oz penne
Step 1 - Cream sauce:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add fresh spinach, and continue cooking and stirring until the spinach wilts.
- To the skillet with sautéed vegetables, add 1 cup of heavy cream, paprika, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 1 minute, stirring. Season with salt.
Step 2 - Pasta
- Cook penne according to package instructions. Drain.
Step 3 - Assembly
- Add cooked and drained pasta to the skillet with the cream sauce. Stir in.
- Remove skin from the smoked salmon by using your hands or a fork.
- Prepare the smoked salmon into large chunks by using your hand or a fork.
- Add salmon chunks to the creamy pasta. Stir to combine. Simmer for a minute or more, until the salmon is warmed up.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed.