Back to All Recipes
Crispy Zucchini Fritters with Echo Falls Smoked Salmon
30 minutes3-6 Servings
- 1 lb Zucchini, about two
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Egg
- 2 Green Onions, halved then finely sliced
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of pepper
- 4 Tbsp Olive oil, divided
- Yogurt or sour cream
- 4oz Hot Smoked Salmon
- Green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 F. Place a baking rack in rimmed baking tray and place in center of heating oven.
- Using a box grater, diagonally grate zucchinis to produce long strands into a bowl. Sprinkle zucchini strands with salt and let sit for 10 minutes. Squeeze excess moisture out of zucchini using hands or a tea towel.
- Add lightly beaten egg, green onions, parmesan cheese, and garlic to zucchini bowl. Mix to combine. Scatter flour, baking powder, salt and pepper over mixture, careful not to dump them in one place. Mix to combine.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Drop in zucchini batter to hot pan using 1/4 cup as ladle. Fill pan with 3 or 4 fritters at a time and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to hot tray in oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt and a chunk of hot smoked salmon. Garnish with green onions if desired.