Back to All Recipes
Calabrian Shrimp Scampi with Bucatini
- 10 each Ocean Beauty 13/15 P&D tail on Shrimp
- 1/2 Lb of Bucatini (or your favorite pasta cooked to the boxes instructions
- 2 Tbsp Grapeseed oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp Calabrian chili paste
- 1 tsp Red Chili flakes
- 1/2 Cup White wine
- 1/2 Cup Chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp of cold butter, separated
- 2 Lemon, zested then juiced
- 1 bunch of Parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Breadcrumbs
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Meanwhile...
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat with grapeseed oil.
- Pat dry and salt shrimp. Add to pan and cook each side for 2 minutes, or until cooked through (120 degrees F.) Remove from the pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, add 1 Tbsp of butter and melt. Add the shallot and garlic, cook until soft. Add the chili paste and white wine.
- Simmer mixture until reduced by half.
- Add the chicken stock and reduce again by half.
- Lower heat to low and swirl in the remaining Tbsp of butter and chopped parsley
- Add cooked shrimp back to the pan. Add lemon juice.
- Add your pasta and toss until pasta is coated.
- Plate and garnish with toasted breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and lemon zest.
Recipe Credit to Chef Graham.